Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Explanation

Many of you might be somewhat taken aback by the outlandish title of my blogspot. It is very intriguing even to myself. I was intending on sounding very intelligent and yea even convince those of great wisdom and understanding that I might be considered worthy to be placed in the same category of a philosopher. However, for those of you that have met me that fact has already been established and there is no need for further discussion. I suppose this is the part in the text when the use of the abbreviation "rofl" would be appropriate.

Now to explain my choice of words. It is my intention in life to become the best at whatever I handle. The truth is that I will not always accomplish this goal and yet it is one that I strive for. The reason I chose to use the words "Nutritive Cogitation for the Cranium" was to evoke curiosity within the minds of the readers. I will not endeavour to explain what the words mean at this point. I will speak the words that Jesus did in the early part of Matthew 9:13 "But go ye and learn what that meaneth,..."

Isn't it amazing that even Jesus did not always give direct answers for the things that he spoke and/or did. The scripture reveals to us that God is desirous to see man take the things he has given him and continue in faith. In my opinion the greatest act of faith and trusting in the simple words of God was displayed in the story of Abraham. Abraham was called by God in Gen 12:1 to leave all that he had known and everything he had worked so hard on acquiring and go to a place "...that I will show thee." The very request would have shot me through with mixed emotions of wanting to obey the Lord and yet questioning the authenticity of such a request.

It is the nature of man to question the Lord. Since the very beginning of time when Adam and Eve ate of the tree it was an act of not believing God. That is why Satan used the trick on Eve of getting her not to just eat of the tree based on what he himself told her. But he caused her to question herself and what God said by asking her the question in Gen 3:1 "Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" This caused Eve to be confused and she ended up replying to the serpent in Gen 3:3 "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die." God never said that they were not able to touch it. But it was the flesh and the desire of man to take what God said and hold it up to his own fragile and finite concepts and judge what the creator of all things has to say by his own immature understanding. This is how we fail and fall short of what God has for us.

But Abraham was not of the same mind set and way of thinking. That is why the Bible declares in one of my favorite passages in the word of God in Gen 12:4 "So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him;..." That first part of the scripture is enough to make me want to run all around the city with a leap in my step and a shout in my lungs. Because that is what I am striving for. We as the children of God will not be blessed as long as we try to figure out what God is going to do and trying to come up with reasons why he does certain things. The question is not whether God will accomplish his work or will he drop the ball. God will always have his way with or without us. And yet he gives us promises and speaks words of instruction to us to try our heart and see how we respond to his call.

If we are able to set aside our own longing for reason and just obey what God has placed before us, the will of God will be wrought. The Bible declares in Num 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

So.... why did I not explain to you what the meaning of my blog description is? The answer is "I don't know, maybe cause I don't feel like it..."

1 comment:

Mary Frances said...

It means Nutritious thoughts or meditations for the mind/brain...Correct?